I began tinkering with computers in the early 80′s. From the late 80′s onward, I began to build my own systems, and today I do the same thing. I’ve used AMD but prefer Intel. I’ve built multiple water-cooled systems, replaced components in servers, and know how to properly and safely overclock with the right cooling.
I generally upgrade my computer every 2 years, building a new one from scratch with the near latest technology (I found it’s more cost effective to go 80-90% on the equipment, saves 50% of the cost).
I generally reinstall my OS every 6 months, but with Windows 7 perhaps that’ll change. We’ll see.
Solid State Drive is the way to go for a boot drive, but for storage, a good 1TB drive does just fine.
- CPU: Intel
- Video: eVGA nVidia
- Motherboard: Asus
- RAM: G.Skill/Corsair
- Sound: X-fi
- Hard Drive: Intel SSD (MLC)
- Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech
- Router: D-Link
- Cable Modems: Motorola SB series
- Servers (non-blade): Dell R series (2950 S3 work as well)
- Monitors: HANNS-G
- Sound System: Logitech Z series
- Coolant Type: Air for CPU / Water for GPU
- Favorite place to buy hardware: Newegg